If you were to stop by any of our 15 RE/MAX Prestige locations and ask our agent to find you the most expensive home in Massachusetts, they would point you out toward the water. In fact, the most expensive home on the market is running in the market of $44.9 million and is located in Cohasset. If that sounds like a little more than you were looking to spend, there are some stunning estates in Boston, Weston, Needham, and Lancaster as well. The price range of the top 10 most expensive homes in Massachusetts is between $14.95 million and $44.9 million. Whether you are interested in a starter home in the $150k range or a palatial estate in the millions, RE/MAX Prestige has fifteen convenient locations and 300 of the most qualified agents in the area to service your needs.
10. Beacon Street, Boston, $14.95 mil, Simply the most outstanding townhouse restoration in Boston! Overlooking the Public Garden, The Benjamin Mansion is 8, 450 sq. ft. of elegance and luxury, from its palatial double parlors to its rooftop infinity-edge heated lap pool. With 6 bedrooms, 6 full baths, 3 powder rooms, 8 working fireplaces, Smart house wiring, and a large elevator that services all 6 levels. There are 2 large decks and a garden, a media room, library, home gym, deeded parking and a Brimmer Street garage space.
9. George Hill, Lancaster, $16 mil, Elegant turn of the century Thayer mansion designed by Guy Lowell, architect of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, is nestled amidst 217 acres of peaceful green meadows and forest, with original landscaped gardens. Hand-crafted historic detail throughout three full finished levels of living plus many rooms in walk-out basement. Marble fireplaces and baths, charm and character, over 21, 000 sf of living. Distant Staff House with 6, 600sf of living space is included. Long road frontage
8. Sea View, Barnstable, $16.5 mil, Sheltered within the estate’s 2.78 acres, the sensory appeal of this property begins upon first sight. This magnificent residence has 7, 000 sq. ft. and 6 bedrooms, inviting comparison to an elegant Mediterranean country house, from its stucco exterior and multiple balconies to the exquisite central courtyard, colorful gardens and rambling lawns to the water’s edge. With over 620 ft of water frontage this property features a sandy beach, 2 substantial deep water docks and private guest house.
7. Willow Road, Weston, $16.9 mil, This magnificent California Lodge style residence designed by Architect Jeremiah Eck and completed in 2004 is sited on 13.43 bucolic acres. The home was built with the highest quality craftsmanship and natural materials, large rooms, high ceilings and openness to the outdoors, making it succeed as both a living space and and a grand entertaining venue. Seven bedrooms, seven full and six half-baths, four-car garage, home theater, gym, wine room, pool and pool house.
6. Commonwealth Ave, Boston, $17.9 mil, Historic mansion on Commonwealth Avenue with significant 3 year renovation. A classic and grand interior is one of Boston’s magnificent Back Bay homes. 11+ bedrooms, 9 full baths, 5 half baths, Au pair suite, 14 fireplaces, & an elevator to all floors. Grand formal living rooms, intricate moldings, a magnificent marble Music Room, antique stained glass, dramatic Mahogany staircase. Eat-in Kitchen open to large family room. Private Garden, Roof Terrace, 4-5 Car Garage
5. Dartmouth Street, Boston, $18 mil, Once in a lifetime opportunity! 50 room mansion designated by Peabody & Stearns during Boston’s most splendid era in architecture. The Ames-Webster Mansion boasts an embassy –worthy main floor with handsome carved wood and elegant detail at every turn. Palatial entertaining rooms fitted with murals, John La Farge stained glass & mosaics. 28 fireplaces, 26, 000+SF and never to be duplicated detail and numerous parking spaces make this space perfect for use as foundation, Head Quarters or pvt home
4. Charles River Street, Needham, $18 mil, Enter into your very own private majestic realm and bask in the natural beauty of New England’s fabled forests! Reside in a Grand English Manor house to be built. 10, 000 sq ft nestled in 29 acres of verdant woodland banking on over 1200 sq ft of the Charles River, this unique offering is located 20 min. West of Boston. House plans not finished yet
3. Winsor Way, Weston, $19.5 mil, Magnificent Estate of 4.63 acres includes two lots and a 21, 000 sq. ft. one of a kind Georgian revival surrounded by lush lawn, mature trees and a tennis court. Unsurpassed architectural detail in every nuance of this home from the stunning entrance courtyard, to custom mill work in each room, built-in bookshelves and furniture armoires, arched doorways with extensive detail molding, custom wrought iron double staircase and parquet floors, to walls of glass overlooking expansive blue stone patio.
2. Margin Street, Cohasset, $22.2 mil, Private 9.41 acre private peninsula with 1, 800’± of harbor frontage. The estate’s 20, 000±sf mansion is renovated to the highest standard. An additional 4, 000±sf of outbuildings, tennis court, swimming pool, skating pond, children’s games lawn, private beach and protected 112’ deep water dock create the ultimate waterfront living experience.
1. Margin Street, Cohasset, $44.9 mil, Unique opportunity to purchase all privately held waterfront real estate of Cohasset Harbor. Combine family residence, business interests, and passion for yachting in one gorgeous location.